“Clydesdale Cottage” was originally the Council Chambers which was built in 1908 for the District Council of Yorke Peninsula by O.E.C. Klaebe & A.L. Watson of Maitland, for 276 pounds. A verandah was later added in 1928. When the District Council of Yorke Peninsula and the Corporation of Maitland amalgamated in 1969, the chambers were vacated. The newly formed District Council of Central Yorke Peninsula transferred to offices and chambers at the Maitland and District Town Hall.
The project of converting this beautiful old building from an office block to the very comfortable and stylish “Clydesdale Cottage” to a Bed and Breakfast facility for the town was undertaken and fully funded by the Maitland & District Progress Association Inc. with the assistance of some community groups and private donors. “Clydesdale Cottage” was officially opened on 24 July 2009 by Mayor Ray Agnew.
- 1 Bedroom cottage with an extra fold out sofa bed in the main living area with an inner spring mattress. (maximum 4 guest occupancy)
- All quality linen and towels supplied
- Split system heating and cooling
- Large stylish open plan living area with flat screen plasma and Dvd.
- Fully equipped kitchen with bench top oven and hotplate.
- Provisions left for continental breakfast.
- Automatic washing machine
- Free Wi-fi
- Parking at rear of cottage.
For booking enquiries please contact Country Getaways on (08) 8832 2623 or email@example.com